Festival Cumplicidades (Lisbon, Portugal) invites five dancers/choreographers from the Mediterranean region to develop a new international production. Where? Lisbon, Portugal. When? February and March 2018. Deadline for applications? 7/09/2017.
Cumplicidades – Lisbon International Contemporary Dance is a festival dedicated to dance, contemporary thought, and meetings between creators, culture professionals, and the public. Following the path initiated last year, the next edition of Cumplicidades will continue the focus on the Mediterranean region.
The project includes
- An artistic residency grant at “Centro Negra” (Blanca, Spain), for one month;
- Mentoring and facilitation provided Abraham Hurtado – Cumplicidades 2018 guest curator – during the creative process;
- Première in March 2018 within Festival Cumplicidades;
- The call is for professional performers, dancers and choreographers (with a minimum of 3 years experience).
- Artists who can apply must be original from or currently living in the following countries: Portugal, Spain, Gibraltar, France, Monaco, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestinian Territories, Egypt, Libya, Malta, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Jordan.
How to apply
The artists will have to fill in the Application form with the following info:
- An artistic proposal: thematic, technical and methodological proposals (max 1000 words).
- A letter of motivation. (max 500 words).
- Access to previous work: CV / portfolio / web page.
The applications must be written in English and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title: Festival Cumplicidades – Open call.
All costs related with the project are fully covered (accommodation, travels, insurance and food), plus a fee of €1600 for each selected participant.
Sara Machado – Producer and International Relations: email@example.com